So its 2018 and I haven’t done a book tag in a while so here we are.
1- How many books are you planning to read in 2018?
I set my Goodreads reading goal to 40 books because I managed that last year plus a couple more so I’m hoping to recreate that success but also exceed it too but I don’t want to put too much preasure on myself or I’ll slip into a slump which would not be fun.
2- Name 5 books that you didn’t get to last year but want to make a priority in 2018.
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman– reading Starflight by Melissa Landers recently and loving it has made me excited for this.
- Literally anything by Adam Silvera- I said last year that I would read one of his books, preferably one of his recent works, and yet I still haven’t even bought one of his books.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- I really want to read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell but I want to read this first.
- Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes- I just really want to finish this amazing series.
- Jerkbait by Mia Siegert – I’ve had my eye on this for a while but never picked it up, maybe 2018 will be the year.
3- What genre do you want to read more of?
I’m honeslty not to bothered about experimenting with new genres, I know what I like and I’m kind of stuck in my ways which might be a bad thing but books are expensive so I tend to buy the ones I know I’ll enjoy. I do have a couple of High Fantasy series on my shelf I need to find the motivation to read though, so far I haven’t got past the first book.
4- Name 3 non book related goals for 2018.
- Pass this school year without having to repeat again. The Spanish education system is a bit different, here if you fail two or more classes you have to redo the test in September and if you fail those you repeat the year. I’ve done that once already before I full spoke the language, I don’t want to be doing it again.
- Be more social. I am terrible at small talk and being sociable with strangers and its actually painful to watch, I am so awkward and that seriously needs to get better because I will be an adult in a few years and it’s come to my attention that you interact with a fair few people when you’re adulating and me being a blundering idiot will do me no good.
- Write more. This applies to this blog, fanfictions that I write, my own stories. I love writing and I need to make more time for it.
5- Whats a book you’ve had forever that you still need to read?
I mean I’ve got a phew but: Night Owls by Jenn Bennet, Never Fade and In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken, The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare and a fair few more.
6- One words you’re hoping 2018 will be:
And it looks like this year is going to be Awesome. I have a lot of stuffed planned including going to my first concert in Madrid in April, travelling for the first time by myself (with a friend) to England at the end of February and so many great books are coming out this year (Ronan Lynch Dreamers trilogy, The Dark Artifices book 3 etc..) I cant wait.
I always feel really awkward tagging people so I’m gonna skip that part and I guess it’s a little late to be doing this anyways but I suppose if you want to do it then go ahead, 🙂